Monday, September 27, 2010

Give the Child a Pillow!

Cari announced that she purchased a new pillow for the bed the other day.  When I assumed and then asked why ONLY she got a new pillow I was quickly shown that, in fact, she purchased two pillows.  The next question was if one would be for me or if two were for her.

Throughout the day this discussion continued.  I sarcastically stated that I would rather just get her hand-me-down pillows.

When I went to bed that night, I looked to the bed and saw one new pillow on each side.  She did get me a new pillow!

I laid down and put my head on the pillow.  I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.  Unfortunately, I couldn't fall asleep.  You see, this pillow is twenty inches thick and it tilted my head up almost forty-five degrees.  I tossed the pillow to the ground and scooped up my old one.

Cari asked what I was doing and I told her that my new pillow was horrible.  She laughed.  After a full day of fussing and arguing, it turned out that I didn't even want the new pillow.  Like a child.  A child begs and pleads for something that they don't even know what it is.  They just know someone else has it and they want it.

When you finally give in to that child, they sample the product, and then quickly discard it.

Is it just me or do we never grow out of that stage?  In any case, Cari collected her new pillow, both of them, and went to bed.

1 comment:

Farm Girl in MD said...

Your new pillow sounds like my kind of pillow!