Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Table Rock Field Trip

Welcome to Autumn! 
To celebrate we took a trip to Table Rock on Tuesday morning.  One of my main focuses on our trip was getting my camera out and getting some photos.  As a result, I've got a few to share today.  

There is a new viewing platform near the falls at the trail head.  As the platforms were being built last year, Cari and I were afraid they would ruin the natural look, but they really blend in nicely and make it really nice to sit and enjoy the water.  I don't have a photo of the platform, so you'll have to take my word on this.
  A log falls across the creek and forms a bridge.  I can't resist climbing out on it. . . ever!


Some day I'll have to dig through my archive of photos.  There's a photo from years ago with Cari looking through this tree.  Now it's Cari AND Brenna.


This is such a beautiful trail.  The first half follows the creek through the woods.  Using stones to cross the river and roots to climb the hills makes it an adventure.
 Another downed tree, another bridge.  I had to take this quick because it was a bouncy log and the girls didn't like sitting on it.



 Brenna was a champ on the trail.  We let her set the pace and she was always checking to see that we were keeping up.
 I was hoping we'd see a bear in the woods today, but we never did.  On the way out of the park we did spot this turtle crossing the road.  He stopped and posed for some shots before moving along.
 This field makes a great place to get portraits done.

 Did I mention that I'm glad summer is over?  With weather like this I expect to be going on a lot more field trips!

7 comments:

jen(melty) said...

great pics! I especially love the ones of Brenna on the log and on the trail, and the last one of you and cari at the bottom. The b&w one is a cool vintage, I thought you were pulling up an old photo of someone :)

The Workman Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
d e v a n said...

Great pics! Love the last one!

Farm Girl in MD said...

great pictures! I love the one of Brenna looking back over her shoulder.

And in response to your question about whether or not I like using my camera on manual...yes and no...no right now because it is harder, but yes I think I will eventually because it will give me more control over what image I get...not a direct answer :) I should be a politician

San said...

that pic of Brenna looking down and forward is an incredible photo. its kinda mystical. it drew me in. i like the others too, specially the first one.

C said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun

Duck Hunter said...

Thanks for all the comments on my blog. I haven't taken time all summer to get out and get new photos. I was happy that you all enjoyed them.