Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Only 24 hours a day?

For the past few days I have had several things I wanted to do and I haven't done any of them. One of the things on my list was to write on the blog. So, I guess I can check that off now.

I was going to tell you a little about Easter in our house. There are a few key elements to our Easter.
First is the coloring of eggs. This is done before Easter Sunday. One of the favorite things to do is take a crayon and draw something before dunking it in color. You also have to get a picture of someone pretending to eat an egg.
I think I have a picture like that for every year.

The next thing that is going to happen EVERY Easter is the egg hunt. This requires Cari and I sitting up Saturday night filling plastic eggs with candy and money. Randy and Meredith are not quite the egg hunters yet. Hiding only takes five minutes because they have to remain in plain view. Even then, the kids are more likely to step on one before they find it.

Ok, well, it may not be that bad. Randy this year is just getting the idea that eggs may be under something or may be up in a tree where you may not see it right away. Next year I'll actually have to hide some.

Finally, we get dressed in our mostly new outfits. Mostly new doesn't mean the clothes had been worn previously. It means that not ALL of us may have new clothes. In our new Easter clothes we head off to church.

Even thou I had to work in the afternoon, we had a great time.

Oh, and as full as those Easter baskets were Sunday morning, you would think that Santa was filling in for the Easter bunny.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Well it looks as though you had a nice Easter. I hope you did.