Friday, June 22, 2007

Tomorrow

I will be back to posting tomorrow afternoon. We have been on vacation the past week. That explains why I haven't posted. We traveled what feels like the entire Midwest. Traveled over to the bottom of Illinois and up the center of the state to Peoria. From there were drove over to Michigan and stayed for a few days. Today we left Michigan, headed South past Indy and Cincinnati.

Somewhere in Kentucky, there was a wreck that closed south bound lanes of I-75. We had to find an alt route. Cari found an alternate on Hwy 25. EVERYONE else had the same idea and we were at a stand still.

We jumped on the alternate of the alternate and went out into the mountains. We were in rural Kentucky for about an hour and half. Some of the most winding roads I have ever driven were in those mountains. When we got back to I-75, we stopped at Wendy's and got some dinner. Seemed that everyone in there had been stuck in traffic for hours. They were very grumpy. Thanks to my navigation system (Cari), we had kept moving and I believe we saved some time and saw some great things.

Tonight we are East of Knoxville, TN. I have only had access to a computer once this trip. I had hoped to have more time to post, but it didn't happen. I took some notes and a lot of pictures that I will be sharing this week.

2 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

I gotta be honest; it really makes me happy that you praise your wife like you do. You really must adore her if you can walk away from a LONG trip with horrible traffic and give her respect and praise. You're awesome!

Mojo Jojo said...

And you didn't even come to visit me in KY. I-75 is always a big traffic yam.

Wow, you are one of the few guys who admit that their spouse knows how to read a map and even follow the directions she's giving.