Wednesday, August 18, 2010

50 / 50 Decision

I got a haircut and the barber went a bit crazy.   I was the only one in the shop and he was taking his time as he told me stories.  Then I made a mistake.  I asked him a question about being in the air force.   My barber is somewhere around 85 years old and an Air Force Vet.  He was now prepared to keep me in the chair as he answered my question.

The longer he talked, the shorter my hair got.  Finally, he handed me the mirror.  "Do you want it shorter?", he asked.  I looked at what little hair was left and told him it was short enough.

After I got home I quite liked it. Then I decided that I had held onto my half beard / half shaved look long enough.  I knew I wouldn't be able to keep the 50 / 50 look forever.  I had to choose one.
Short hair and clean shaved.  I was transformed. I chose clean shaved over mountain man beard.  I'm sure Cari appreciates my decision. She was supportive when I didn't shave, but I was always afraid she'd stop shaving her legs and expect me to be supportive of it.  I thought it would be better if I didn't push my luck.

5 comments:

Cari said...

Hottie!

jen(melty) said...

I love love love the supershort hair on guys... but I kinda liked the face-hair.

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

I LOVE the new haircut! Looks great!

Melba said...

Nice do!

Duck Hunter said...

Thanks everyone! The ten minutes after I left the barber, I was thinking I didn't like it. Now I am only nervous that he won't cut it short enough next time.