Thursday, August 26, 2010

Starved to DEATH! (almost)

It was lunch time on a work day.  Ninety percent of the time, I bring my lunch to work.  This day was one of those other ten percent of work lunches.  I had some cash and just had to decide where to spend it.  My recent favorite spot to buy a lunch has been going to Publix grocery store and getting a sandwich in their deli.

This day I wanted something a bit different so I decided to drive across town and stop at Schlotsky's Deli.  I used the navigation on my phone to get me there and found the place empty and the doors locked.

I was already starting my lunch an hour late and my stomach was rumbling.  I decided I'd check out the Main Street Deli while I was downtown.  I've had their food before and it is great.  Three more minutes of my lunch time later, I was looking at the locked doors of the Main Street Deli.  The place had been cleaned out and looks to have been closed for a while.  My stomach rumbled.

I had already spent almost half of my lunch driving to closed restaurants.  Apparently I don't get out much.  I started heading back toward work, which I passed on my way to Publix.

Nearly starved to death, I crawled my way through the store and found the deli counter.  I ate my sandwich quickly as my lunch hour was coming to an end.

After spending half of my time driving around town,  half of my money buying gas, and nearly starving to death, I learned a lesson.  From now on, the ten percent of the time I buy a lunch, I need to stick to places I've been to within the past month.

No comments: