Sunday, August 08, 2010

Family Photo

For the first time in X years, where X is an unknown number, we took a short vacation with my parents and both of my brothers and their families.

We met up at Calaway Gardens in Georgia.  The gardens are a great place to visit.  I was most impressed with the butterfly house.  It looks like a giant greenhouse and is filled with thousands of butterflies that you can walk among.

There are many other beautiful areas scattered around the large park.  There is a stone chapel on a lake, a vegetable garden, and an amazing greenhouse / garden area.

We all met up one morning before the heat got into the triple digits and drove over to the chapel.  I set up a few tripods and got set for a group shot in front of the lake.  There are really endless locations for a shot like this at Calaway.  I chose this one because that's where we ended up when it was time to do the shoot.

After a few test shots and moving the light around a bit, Here's the shot we ended up with.

During the next few blogs I'll share a few stories that developed while on this trip.  

3 comments:

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

The family pic turned out great! :) Thanks for posting! And it's been over 4 years...I think our wedding was the last time we were all together. Can't wait to do it again!

Farm Girl in MD said...

That's a great picture!! And so special to have everyone together.

Cindy Streams said...

We had summer passes to Callaway Gardens when I was a girl. Loved going there! The butterfly gardens were always a favorite. Thanks for stopping by my blog!