Friday, August 06, 2010

Extra Pieces

It turns out that we carry around a lot of extra stuff every day.  I'm not talking about the three keys in your pocket that you have no idea what they unlock.  I'm talking about stuff like your gal bladder. What's that thing doing taking up resources in there?

After living with a bit of pain for a while Cari decided she was done carrying around her gal bladder.  So on Thursday I took her to the hospital for a quick surgery.

Everyone was ready to go at 1pm.  The problem is that there was no available operating room available.  It turns out that a lot of people are trying to remove these extra parts and it created an overbooking of the O.R.

Two more hours of waiting and Cari was making her body more efficient.

Me?  I was sitting in a waiting room.  A very loud waiting room.  This was making it hard for me to read.  I spent an hour switching between watching Ellen and listening to other people's conversations.  I quickly became bored with both of those options, even though Justin Beiber was on Ellen, and went back to my book.

We had left our house at 11am for a one hour procedure but I didn't arrive back home until seven.  After all that time in the hospital, I'm still carrying around all the extra parts.

And yes, Cari is doing very well.

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

I'm glad Cari is doing well!

Farm Girl in MD said...

Glad Cari is doing well.

I got rid of my gallbladder 6 years ago...haven't missed it since!

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Glad Cari is doing well!!