Friday, August 20, 2010

Translation

I've started using Google to translate my voice mail and then email the results to me.  Now I never have to dial in and key my password, and sit and listen to the recorded voice for options, and THEN listen to my voice mail.

This is dependent on how clearly my mumble mouth friends annunciate.  Sometimes the translation makes no sense at all.  Sometimes one wrong word completely changes the meaning.  Vonage also translates our voice mails on the home phone with similar results.  Here's a few samples:


"Hey this is Leslie. I was just wondering if Randy could sleep over tonight and if to call me back. So please call me back. Thanks, bye "
--- Brought to you by Vonage ---


No "Leslie",  you will not have my eleven year old boy spend the night at your house.


From: DIRECTV
To: XXXX

"Hello Mr. Mr. Williams, this is mama. I'm calling from Master Tech on the installation company for direct TV. Just following up with you like to have a service call scheduled this morning. They well verifying that you technician has contacted to you. If need CAO or on site the technician's name. Today is gonna be like yeah, this contact number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank you Mr. basically I have a good day. Goodbye be on this list to see you "
--- Brought to you by Vonage ---


I don't know what to say after a message like that.  "Mr. Mr. Williams, this is mama."   Really?  Is that code for I'm coming to fix your Direct TV?  Are we on a CB radio here?  "Come in mama, this is Mr. Mr. Williams".


No comments: