Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Shadow Play

It's time for another photo experiment.  This time I hung a sheet in the living room, I placed my flash behind it and pointed it through the sheet.  With my camera on a tripod, I placed myself between the sheet and the flash with the camera on the other side of the sheet to capture my shadow.
This was my first attempt at doing this and there was some trial and error involved.  I tried moving the light around to see how that effected the shadow.  I also found that you can alter the image by how close you stand to the sheet.  It was fun to play with it and try something different.  You should be able to do this with any camera.  If you can't remotely fire a flash, try putting some bright light sources between you and the sheet. 

Here's a collection of some of my favorites:

1 comment:

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Love these pics! Great idea!