Saturday, December 11, 2004

3



Earnhardt Sr.
Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I've been working a lot, and on my days off, been shopping a lot. I have an idea for a pretty good update this week. I hope I have time to put it together.

Watched the made-for-TV movie, "3", tonight on ESPN. I wasn't really sure what to expect from ESPN. I thought it was a good movie. Kept its focus on Dale Earnhardt and paced itself very well from when he was a boy to his death at Daytona. As I watched, I kinda wondered how much of it was true. Then I caught this quote somewhere on Nascar.com tonight...

"If you're doing a sports-themed movie for ESPN," Simmons notes, "a lot
your audience is going to be hardcore fans that know the story as well as
they know their own life story. It's really important to paint a picture of
the guy and not try to over-dramatize it."

Like I said, I thought it was a good movie. I'm sure they will play it about twenty times this week, so you should try to watch it if you are interested in Nascar. One pretty cool scene in the movie shows DW and Earnhardt arguing.


No comments: