Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Logic

We are going to talk about two things tonight.
First story:
I work retail, and one day, there were white flyers put on every windshield in the parking lot.
I called the number on the sheet and told the owner he must come and remove all these papers. I told him that he did not have permission to place those in our parking lot. This is where logic comes in. This guy has his own reasons why he IS allowed to liter my parking lot.
He argued that because of "free enterprise" he could advertise in this way. He compared it to the ads that the store sends to homes. I explained to him that the store pays postage for all those ads to his house. I explained that people complain about those papers on their cars and most throw them to the ground. Now I have papers all over the lot. He reminded me that I hire a truck to come clean the parking lot every night. Well, smarty pants, I wouldn't have to hire him if people like yourself wouldn't liter!
He begged for permission to advertise in my parking lot, and I explained this is private property and he is not allowed to place his papers on cars.
This guy never really understood anything except that he was trying to enjoy "free enterprise". He became very loud and angry through our conversation. How many parking lots are there? Move on.

Story two is something I saw in the news this morning:
KENT, Washington (AP) -- A man who placed a lava lamp on a hot stovetop was
killed when it exploded and sent a shard of glass into his heart, police said.


You can go read the article if you want. I have a few questions about this. Why would you place a lava lamp on the stove? The article says no drugs or alcohol were involved. What the heck was this guy doing? Ok. So, we don't know why the lava lamp was on the stove. Maybe he accidently placed it there. What in the world is a lava lamp even doing in the kitchen?!

No comments: