Monday, February 07, 2005

Best. Superbowl. Ever!

Last night was the best SuperBowl I have ever not watched. I didn't get home from work until after 9pm, so I had set the Tivo to record it.

Cari and I sat down to watch the Superbowl at around 9:45pm. We finished watching the four hour recording around 10:20pm. Yet another reason TiVo is so great. I know it's starting to seem like TiVo sponsors this blog, but that is not the case. . . . That gives me an idea.. we need a TiVo sponsored Nascar Cup car! We could put Ward Burton in the driver seat. Every time you see the TiVo car involved in a wreck, you could quickly hit the replay button. Oh! The possibilities are endless! As soon as I'm done writing this, I'm going to start selling my idea to Nascar, to TiVo. . .

Sorry. So, how did we watch four hours of TV in forty minutes? We watched only the best parts. Anytime the game was on, I fast fowarded. We would stop and watch the commercials, then fast forward through the game. Let me tell you, it sure felt like there was a lot more commercials than game.

There were a couple of good commercials. Nascar had a few, showing Daytona like a roller coaster that was pretty cool. There was one commercial that showed some pirates on a ship. One pirate was standing on the bow, facing an army of thugs. The end of the commercial showed the text: "1 vs 42" Jeff Gordon was the lone pirate. I thought that was a pretty good commercial. If anyone knows where I can get a screen shot of that, please e-mail me.
We also liked the commercials from careerbuilder.com that featured chimps working. Monkeys are funny.

No comments: