Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Little men living in my TiVo

OH! The wonder that is TIVO! Most of the features of this magic box are well known. I have known about it for quite some time. It's one thing to know about it, it is a completely different thing to experience it.

Tivo will watch TV for me all day long. Then it will save the programs it feels I will enjoy the most. When I get home from work, there are about five programs recorded, that I did not ask TiVo for. When I'm at work, TiVo must get bored. It watches TV all day. We're still learning to be better friends. There is two great buttons on the remote. A thumbs UP and a thumbs DOWN. When TiVo recorded two episodes of Texas Walker on the same day, I told Tivo that I do not like Texas Walker. I do not like it here or there, I do not like it anywhere! Today I have an episode of Andy Griffith, Regis and Kelly, Guys and Dolls. Guys and Dolls? More learning.

I feel a strange sence of duty to watch the things TiVo has gone out of the way to search out for me. Maybe it's curiosity. I wouldn't normaly sit down to watch Andy Griffith, but maybe TiVo knows something I don't.

Sure, I can just scroll through and delete everything it records. I do delete a few things everyday that I know I will not watch. I haven't deleted Andy yet.

TiVo changes the way I watch TV. It's true. I know this is becoming a commercial, and I'm sorry for that. This is the end of the entry, but you really must experience TiVo to understand it. I will now, start watching a program only if it's about five minutes into it. Maybe ten minutes. Then, when commercial comes up, I zip past all that, and I'm right back at the show. By the end of the program, I'm caught back up to real time.

I could go on all night. But I must get some sleep. Thanks for sticking around this long.

No comments: