Monday, January 31, 2005

Lucky Socks

Cari's birthday is in just a few days. She got some presents from her mom and sister today in the mail. One of the items was a pair of socks that said, "my socks" accross the bottom. As Cari was modeling them for me, I noticed that each sock had a little charm hanging, near the ankle. "Is that going to make it through the wash?", I asked.
"probably not."
"I don't get it, why have it there."
"I won't wash them.", she told me, proudly. It's a good thing these are labeled very clearly, "my socks". Certainly, nobody else is going to go near them after some use. BUT, the charm will still be there, and isn't that cute? She continued, as she smiled at her socks, "They are my lucky socks!". What do lucky socks do, except stink? How do smelly feet help you become more lucky or successful? Can't she just keep a shiny penny in her pocket or something. If that's what it takes to make your socks lucky, I'll pass.

*I'll get in trouble for this one.*

Tomorrow, more on the magic of TIVO.

No comments: