Friday, January 28, 2005

This may be about YOU!

Have you ever woken up to the glare of a computer screen only inches from your head?
Have you ever wiped drool off of your desk?

I'm so stubborn sometimes. I just want to keep going. Sleep seems like such a waste of time. I'll work all day. Then I'll stay up at night, while the family is asleep. I'll read about all the freaks around the world on the drudgereport. I'll read about the death that CNN reports about. I'll read about half a dozen blogs. I'll pull out the racing wheel and race at some random NASCAR track. I'll laugh while I read HomeStarRunner.

I also have TV built into the video card. Jimmie Kimmel loves to talk to me while I read on the internet. But he comes and goes before I know it. Then it hits me. I'm asleep. No. I did not mean to put my head down and fall asleep. I don't realize I have done it until the glare of the screen penetrates my closed eyes. When I do wake up at 3am, do I go to bed? Sometimes. Sometimes I just HAVE to finish reading whatever crap was on the screen when my body shut itself off. It's like when the vaccum overheats and shuts down. When it starts to cool, you can get it started again, but only until it overheats again.

Well, it's still early, only 1:25 am. I'm good at least until. . .

No comments: