Monday, January 03, 2005

morning odds and ends

My favorite radio station has been playing non-stop Christmas music since Thanksgiving. I like Christmas music. I don't want to hear Christmas music all day. I don't always want to hear it as I drive to and from work. I stopped listening to my favorite station, and had to switch over to a less than favorite. Now it's all over, and things are getting back to normal. I have returned to that station, and no longer have to put up with 2nd best.

There are nursury rhymes that talk about empty cupboards. Well, let me tell you. Our cupboards are overflowing. I went to get a snack last night, and I could hardly close the cabinet door. Food was just pouring out! I did not take the time to evaluate the quality of the food. Things such as, how much of these items contain Splenda. So even if they look full, the edible portion may be small. Thus, it is an optical illusion.

Top 20 wacky court stories on courtTV.com

New Years in NYC. The ball drop is a great tradition. I think I heard it was 100 years of celebrating in Times Square this past year. I have always liked watching Dick Clark on TV, and seeing the ball drop. This year, after the ball dropped, they were showing video of celebrations in Australia, London, and a few other places. These other places, Australia and London especially, make the ball drop look like the 100 year tradition that it is. The fireworks they have are awsome. The ferris wheel in London all lit up looks great. Maybe it's time to blow the dust off that stupid crystal ball, and get something a little more visually exciting.

Now that I got all that out of my head, I can go on with my day.

No comments: