Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Too much time

I don't normaly post so many news stories here, but this one got me tonight. Another story straight from home town, Florida. The link is the full story, including the video from NBC
LINK
Here's what's up. I lived in LEE county.

Lee County was named after Robert E. Lee on May 13, 1887 when the county separated from Monroe County. Lee's portrait hangs proudly on the second floor of the old Lee County Courthouse.

Anthony Thomas, a member of the Black Advisory Board, believes Lee doesn't deserve the recognition.


This is friggin' insane!!! I know! Let's change South Carolina to "Carolina". The South reminds me of all the slave owners in Charleston. It's just wrong. We shouldn't recognize that S.C. is in the South. They shouldn't get that honor. We'll have North Carolina, and slightly lower (not using South), we'll have Carolina Jr. It sounds like such a damn cute state!

Some people have too much time on their hands.

No comments: