Friday, January 21, 2005

Nutrition Lesson

Cari went out shopping, leaving me with the children. When it came time for lunch, I was not sure what to make. Certainly, anything I make is not going to be complex. It should take no longer than ten minutes to assemble.

I got the kids to the table and started taking suggestions. The three of us decided chocolate chip cookies would be great. I grabbed some cookies and brought them to the table. "Would mom give you cookies for lunch? Do you think they are healthy?"
They both looked at me, laughing, "yeah. I think mom would like us to have cookies!"
I gave them each a cookie. They couldn't believe it. They were both laughing so hard. Neither one of them ate a bite. Randy finaly asked, "can I eat it?"
"You better eat it, it's your lunch."
For the record I did make some sandwiches, that they did eat. But we started with cookies.

As soon as Cari got home, Meredith ran to the door. "Dad gave me cookies for lunch!"
Randy chimed in, "He made us eat them. We asked for healthy food!"
"Why you little. . .!"

They haven't learned yet, that not only are they getting me in trouble, but they are eliminating the chances of future cookie lunches.


No comments: