Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ear Game


Randy loves to play games. He came to me asking if I would try a new game with him. Maybe I should have suspected some trouble based on his evil grin, but I agreed. After I sat on the floor and stood nose to nose with him, I was ready for the game. He said, "It's called the ear game."
Before I could ask how to play, he started the game.

He grabbed my ears and pulled them sideways away from my head. This did not seem like a fun game, but I let it continue. Randy said, "Now tell me ten trees that I know." The trick is that with someone pulling your ears off your head, it's hard to think of ten trees. I listed a couple, Maple, Oak, and Christmas as he counted my answers. Then we hit a problem. I said, "Birch."

"I don't know that tree.", Randy answered. Then he pulled harder on my ears. We were both laughing now, as I desperately tried to think of trees that a six year old would know.
After I answered the tenth tree, he released my ears. Quickly, he reached for them again in an effort to start round 2. At first I avoided being pulled into this game again, but he eventually caught me. The challenge for round two was to name ten things he knows that goes on pizza.

Ten toppings later, I stood up to keep my ears out of his reach. I don't think I could have handled another round at that time. Don't worry, I got revenge when I grabbed HIS ears and said, "Name ten banks that I know."

3 comments:

John said...

Nah, might have known banks . . . should have asked more questions about the thirty-two feet of toothpaste . . .

Michelle said...

I'm totally playing this game with Kelly tonight :). Don't tell him

Tammy said...

My son plays that game too. Glad to know that I am not the only one with ringing ears!!!!