Tuesday, November 29, 2005

When animals attack!

If you think having two young children, Cari, and myself in a house is crazy, imagine what happens when you add two cats and a dog.

The dog will not go upstairs. The cats live up there. The trick is that the cat food and water is kept downstairs. The dog spends a lot of her day outside and this provides ample opportunity for the cats to eat. The dog loves cats. A special kind of love. A kind of love like I have of hamburgers.

Sometimes in the morning, the cats start coming down the stairs while the dog is still inside. The clicking of the dogs' nails start getting faster as she dances around staring at the cats. The cats growl and hiss, and sometimes show their claws. This is all very entertaining to watch when it doesn't happen at five am.

I was getting ready for work one morning when this started happening. It was about five am.
Here is a diagram, to help you visualize what I'm going to tell you.
You can see from this drawing why I stick to photography.

I was in the bathroom with one cat sitting on the counter. The dog was very excited about this. As I got out of the shower, the two animals were quietly staring each other down. I walked into the bedroom and saw the other cat sitting on the bed. It was looking at the dog.
This is when it got good.

The cat in the bathroom lost patience with the dog and jumped down, hissing with claws raised up. The dog got scared and started to back up into the bedroom. This prompted the other cat to hiss loudly and show claws behind the dog. The dog freaked out and try to run down the hallway, but her feet were slipping on the laminate floor!

The cats don't seem very scared of the dog, just irritated. The dog is very interested in the cats, just not interested in their claws. I don't blame her.

3 comments:

John said...

Good drawing. Seriously. Helped. But, nothing worse than the chain bark, where one goes, "woof", maybe for no reason, the next one goes "woof", because the first one went woof, and then, well, it goes on forever.

GoGo said...

Duck Hunter you are such a TROUBLE MAKER!

I suspect you orchestrated that!
ha

Nice find by the way.
http://camelspider.blogspot.com/
do you know him?

Duck Hunter said...

Aaron,

I don't know the soldier. I found the link from another blog. The guy is a good writer and I find it interesting to read about life in Iraq (as a soldier).

By the way, the dog/cats woke ME up this morning. Ugh.