Sunday, November 20, 2005

Go help yourself!

Our neighbors from two doors down moved last week. They moved to the house directly across the street from us. They are pretty good friends of ours. That means Cari offered to help them move. She also offered me to help them move. Last Saturday was a big day for them to get going and I didn't have to work. Cari got up early and went over.

Cari was trying to persuade me to get over there. I told her that I would not paint, but I would be happy to help move furniture and boxes. Pretty much all the work that was being done at that time was painting. So, I stayed home. When I got tired of playing on the computer, I went and lay in bed. I watched Nascar qualifying and started to fall asleep. Cari, again, came home and told me to at least go over and see the pretty colors going up on the walls. After I declined the offer, she went back to work, and I went back to watching television.

The kids were running back and forth between the houses and managed to keep me from falling asleep. This didn't put me in a better mood. So, the third time Cari came in and told me to get over there, I got up and put my shoes on with a bit of disgust. I was putting on a bit of a show, much like a child. The show was to let Cari know I was not happy about going over there. I put my hat on and pulled it low over my eyes. I reminded her that I would not paint, and from looking out the windows I knew no boxes were being moved.

Inside the house, I saw a lot of people painting. They were painting a lot of colors. The neighbor said that she didn't think I was going to get off the computer. I corrected her by telling her I was trying to take a nap.

Cari picked up her roller and started back to painting. Without saying anything, I walked back to my house. Cari didn't ask me to help any more that day.

That is not the end of THIS story. Later on in the evening, Cari came over and told me that they were having pizza and I should come have some.

"I refused to help them all day, I certainly will not go eat their food now.", I informed her.
Then she offered to buy me some dinner and I could eat it at the neighbors house with everyone. "You don't get it. I'm not going to their house today. I did nothing to help them.", I explained.

The end of this story is that I ate pizza. With Cari. . . in my house.

Later this week, I'll tell you about the Yankees that moved onto my block.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Now I want pizza!!