Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sit Down!

Cari and I went hiking at Glassy Mountain. When you get near the end of the trail, there is a spot at the rock face that you can sit and look out. I call it the look out area.

It can be kind of scary up there, for me anyway, knowing that one slip and you are tumbling down to the trees below.

When we got to the look-out area, Cari was standing near the edge. She was looking out. I was standing a few feet behind her getting my camera out and putting down the backpack. Just before I went to join her, I dropped my bottle of water near the backpack. The bottle bounced just a bit and started it's way down the slope. Cari heard me say goodbye to my water and she lunged for the bottle! Maybe she wouldn't call it a lunge, but from my point of view, it was definitely a lunge. She took a step toward the bottle at her side and bent down a bit. The bottle was sliding fast and was gone by the time she took that step. For a second, I thought my wife was going to catch that water for me, when she got to the bottom.

"You sit down right there!", I yelled at her. She started to try and calm me down a bit, but I continued, "It's just water! Stop moving, just SIT DOWN!"

She sat down on the edge of a mountain, looking out at the fall leaves.

4 comments:

John said...

Hmmm. Glassy Mountain. Didn't it sound a bit slick?

Michelle said...

Do you have nightmares about Carri falling? I would after that.

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify... I did not almost fall off a mountain.. And for all the noise he was making you would have thought the camera fell, not a bottle of water.. I would have reached for the camera, but still would not have "gone fot it" off the side..

Cari

Duck Hunter said...

john - it hasn't rained for a while. But, yeah, it is slick up there, that's why I got a bit nervous.

michelle- I don't have nightmares, but I will tether her up there next time.

Cari - your first post to the blog! I'm shocked it took this long. The only reason I was making so much noise about the water was because I was still thirsty.