Friday, January 20, 2006

Are You Nuts?

Is it a Pecan or a Pecon. The first is the proper spelling, but some say it like the second way. It doesn't matter today. What matters is how you eat them.

I came into possession of a bag full of Pecans. After I decided I would do more than just chuck them at people I had to decide how to eat them. I spent three hours unshelling these monsters. Then the washing process was a pain. Each nut had to be hand washed to scrape off the outer coating that adds bitterness to the taste.

Now what? I went to the internet and saw a simple recipe. I cooked them in the oven for about fifteen minutes. As soon as they came out, I poured melted butter and salt over the treat.

They are pretty good. Then I had a suggestion that I should have used brown sugar instead of salt.

Do you know any other great recipes for pecans? Please don't tell me to make a Pecan pie, because it ain't happenin'.

Oh, I also need another supply of free nuts to try your recipe ideas.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kel and I can never agree on herbs.

I like them sugar glazed, and warm like at the mall. They are also very good in when added to just about any Asian dish you can make in a wok.