Saturday, January 14, 2006

I thought he had died

The past week, maybe even two, has been great weather. It's been in the mid sixties and sunny most days. This is not January weather. In fact, I really started believing that winter had left us. I started wearing some short sleeve shirts to work. Yesterday, I even wore a flowery summer shirt.

WINTER HAS ENDED!

Put away your winter coat! Open the windows! Plant some flowers!

SPRING HAS ARRIVED!

Last night, as I left work my attitude changed. I had been duped. Old man winter had not died, he was merely in a coma. The old man had awaken from that coma last night and he was upset. What a grumpy old man. The wind was blowing about thirty mph steadily and the temperature had dropped to the mid 40's. Everyone else at work walked to their cars wearing jackets. My jacket was at home packed in a box labeled winter.

Weather.com called for possible flurries this morning and strong winds continuing through the day. The flowers I had planted have froze to death, the windows have been shut, and I can't find my winter coat.

Winter is alive and well. Old man winter is angry and he has made a fool of me.

2 comments:

John said...

He's kinda sick here. He hasn't got us cold (less than -25F) yet. Maybe a real mild one for us.

Miranda said...

he must be travelling to wyoming. we've got snow today :(