Sunday, July 30, 2006

One great snack!

I was rooting around the kitchen for a snack the other day. It was just before I had to leave for work. After looking in all the normal spots for snacks and not finding quiet the right thing, I noticed a package on the counter. It was small, about the size of a small pack of cookies. It was even next to the cookie jar.

The package caught my eye, it was purple. I was hungry. "Are these any good? ", I shouted to Cari in the next room. As I waited for her to get to me, I continued to stare at this item I didn't recognize.

When she got to me, she said, "Yeah, the cats like them!" She immediately started to laugh.
"How was I supposed to know they were cat treats?", I asked. I felt tricked. These things were sitting next to the cookie jar. Cari did this to me on purpose.
She walked over and picked up the package. She read the label to me.
"Purina Whisker Lickin's. . .", was all she got out before I interrupted her. She could hardly stand up she was laughing so hard. She tried to hand the package back to me, as if I would still eat them.

The words "whisker lickin's" is written so small! How was I supposed to know? I wasn't reading it, I was looking at the goodies inside. It doesn't say, "not for human consumption."
or "warning: cat treats only!". Maybe the package shouldn't be clear. What? Is the cat going to look and think how tasty they appear?

I opted for a few carrot sticks and left for work.

3 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

hehe...They do look good though...Until you read what they are. If I was hungry enough and not paying attention, I may have just openned it up. IF they smelled good, one may have entered my mouth...lol

Michelle said...

Phoebe and Todd our friends in the cities have their dog treats in a nice tupperwear bowl. I guess Todd's mom snacked on them the entire time she was up visiting last. If Cari were really tring this post would have had an open bag and a run down of the flavor from you :)

John said...

Mmmm, kitty kibble. Just stay away from sand for awhile, okay?