Monday, July 17, 2006

Ouch! That hurts!

Ok. The bites on my ankles and feet have gotten worse. Mostly because of wearing shoes and being on my feet all day irritated the bites. So, I started putting band-aids on them.

I am still not certain what caused these nasty bites but I'm leaning toward spiders. I think that maybe a whole family of spiders jumped on my legs and started chewing. They must chew softly, because I'm telling you, I didn't feel a thing. There are several wolf spiders that hang around the sides of our pool. Maybe I invited them while I was taking pictures and not wearing shoes. If I find a nest of spiders that look full on human flesh, I'll take their picture for you before smashing them to bits.

My parents were here last week and now my mom is reporting having similar bites. She put some lotion on them and I guess they are fine. It didn't work that well for me.

On the bright side, I haven't recieved any more bites since first realizing I had any at all.

Yeah, I took the picture myself. It only took four tries. The first shot was of my knees.

3 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Hummmm.... That's annoying. My husband works in pest control. I can ask him what he thinks bit you. But its probably NOT spiders. All the same, keep antiseptic on them and keep them clean. And watch for infection. It kindof seems like you're already doing that. Hope it feels better soon.
~Abbie

Duck Hunter said...

Yeah. Others have told me spider bites would probably show more infection type symptoms.

The blisters have pretty much gone down. I had some days off after I took that picture, so I didn't wear shoes.

I'd be interested in any ideas what might have caught me.

Anonymous said...

sounds like fire ant bites to me. try vicks vaporub--it seems to have a variety of uses. ken