Saturday, July 22, 2006

You have interrupted me!

I hadn't planned on writing about the Esseily family this morning. I had other plans that will now have to wait. Why? Because the Esseily family and CNN has irritated me!

This family has been back and forth, staying in Lebanon. The husband is Lebanese, the wife American. CNN posted a picture on the front of their website early this week showing the family begging for evacuation. They were very critical of the US embassy. Mrs. Esseily said this:

She said the U.S. Embassy should have been better prepared for the crisis.

"It's a very insecure country, and other countries as well around this area. The American Embassy should always have a backup evacuation plan. They knew that this was going to happen at least 12 or 24 hours before it did," she said.



In the paragraph before that, she said she went to a shopping mall when they heard that Israeli soldiers were captured. She said she knew there would be trouble but had no idea it would be that extreme. They figured the fighting would only be in the lower part of the country.

Damnit woman! They lived in Beirut for eight years. Now it's Americas fault she is there? She acts like she should be the first friggin' one to get out!

The next day, CNN posted an update:

Monica Esseily said they hadn't been contacted by the embassy by Tuesday. This is from the article:

But on Wednesday, the family decided they could wait no longer. Although they hadn't been called, they packed up their belongings and headed for the port of Beirut to see if they could get on a ship.

The next paragraph the demanding Monica says with a laugh how organized the Canadians and English were at the port. She said the American gathering was chaos. I'm thinking if she would not have gone until she was called, it would have reduced the chaos!!! Then she complains they made her re-register for the boat. OH!!!! I WISH I COULD SLAP HER!!!

They were very scared. They had to stand in line an hour. AN HOUR! The torture that she was put through. But, in her own words, the port was ". . .very safe."

They took a Navy ship to Cyprus, and will then fly back to California. She has nobody to thank but the American government for saving her. America didn't put her in that situation, but when things got rough she expected America to come get her immediately.

I think it was the right and necessary thing to get American citizens out of that area. From everything I read and witnessed on television, the government used several methods to rescue our people. This woman, Monica Esseily, really irritated me with the attitude that showed in her quotes. I also blame CNN for trying to make a drama out of this rescue operation.

Now that I've got that out, I hope I can move on to my regular writing. Thank you.

4 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

I could't agree more! This annoyed my beyond belief! AHHHHH!!!! Well, now we've both gotten it out. Back to normal writing??? Have a great weekend, Duck Hunter. Don't watch the news, ok?

John said...

Take care of me! I'm needy! I'm needy!

And they were in Lebanon why?

grrr.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Hey duck hunter. I really look forward to reading your posts, so I added you as a link on my blog. You ok with that? Hope so.
Abbie

Duck Hunter said...

Absolutly. Thanks. I put a link to yours last week without even asking. Hope you didn't mind either. :)