Monday, December 25, 2006

The answers are. . .

Congradulations to RJ, the only one to guess all the gingerbread houses correctly. Too bad he was disqualified for having two guesses. No winner today. Better luck next time.


The house I created in my imagination quickly became realized. . . as an ugly lump of sweets.
Randy's skyscraper wasn't going to be that tall at first. After he saw my creation, he decided he wanted to build the tallest one. With the added marshmallow tower he was able to claim that title. Meredith is pictured with house version 2. The first one collapsed under the weight of too much candy on the roof. Cari worked quietly amoung the commotion. She didn't snack like the rest of us did either. At the end when she took her powdered sugar as snow, I called her a cheater. I didn't realize the sugar was available as snow. Looking back now, I don't think there was enough snow in that bag to give mine the detail Cari had.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome. That looked like a lot of fun! Did you have a great Christmas? I hope so!

Anonymous said...

Very Very cool. Zak started a trainand then we both got sick so it will now be a New Year's Train!!!! Hope you had an amazing Christmas.

Anonymous said...

WooHoo...On my first guess too. I guess my instincts were correct, but for some reason I second guessed myself and added the fatal list...hehe

I figured Cari would have done the house with snow as she seems to like to go all out and come out on top. That was followed by thinking Meredith would so something similar to mom. The same reasoning was used for you and Randy. Just had to figure out who did which one. Great job on the houses. Looked like it was a fun time had by all.

Merry Christmas!!

John said...

The tower is only admissible in judging the height if it's an architectural feature - if it's purely functional (say, sending beams of sweet dreams to sugar plum fairies) then it's not counted in the overall height.

You gotta live by the rules, you know.