Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Do you hear that?

Cari laid in bed, almost asleep. I had been in bed for about five minutes when I heard the noise. Kinda a shredding noise. The dog perked up and was looking out our bedroom door. "Cari, do you hear that?".

She didn't even open her eyes, "yeah. good night."
"What is it?", I asked .
"paper ripping. good night."

Who is ripping paper in the house? The kids have been asleep for hours. I couldn't handle it, I got out of bed and looked down the hall. This is what I saw:
The cat decided she would tear into the bag of DOG food. The dog just watched quietly. Maybe she was hoping the cat would get the bag open. Like a pinata full of dog food. I put the bag in the closet and went back to bed. Cari was now fully asleep. I woke her up a little bit, "Just the cat trying to get the dog food I told her."

Cari let me know she didn't really care, "Go to sleep already"!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am starting to wonder if you have had a camera installed in your hand!!!! hehe. Always look forward to seeing your pictures!

Michelle said...

D.H. ~

Our house makes creepy noises all the time because its old. Its 12:30 here and tonight we open gifts with my folks. I feel like a little child too excited to sleep.
I am going to take Cari's advice and just get to bed already so I'm not a zombie through the whole gift exchange. Hope you have a great Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I think that's such a cute photo! Silly cat. IAMS is for dogs! Well, I've been pretty bad about writing online lately (well, for like a couple of months). But I did read your last couple of posts. It is cool, getting to know people through blogging. Mysterious a little. And a bit more safe. Can't get close enough to get burned. But most of my blogger pals are friends who see me pretty much regularly. Go figure.
Merry Christmas! Have a great week!