Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Best Lunch

I requested Cari to purchase a specific lunch meat last week. After hearing what it was that I wanted, her response was, "yuck!" The next ten minutes was spent convincing her this lunch meat is one of the best. It was almost to the point that if I wanted it, I'd have to make that purchase myself.

She really was that repulsed by it. She finally backed down and came home with some meat for a great sandwich.

Olive Loaf : A blend of pork and beef that is formed into a fine textured loaf. Whole pimento stuffed olives are added to the blend of pork and beef for added flavor. After the loaf is formed the meat is cooked. The loaf is sliced thin and used for luncheon meat.


Bologna is OK. Olive loaf is like high class Bologna. A co-worker asked, "What kind of sandwich is that? Bologna?" I stood up tall and lifted my head a bit to answer. "Nope. It's olive loaf.", I said with pride.

His response, "Blech!"


"Meredith, do you want me to make you an olive loaf sandwich?"
She asked what it was and I showed her. After looking at it she said, "Can I have something else?"

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Poor Child!!!! I cant get over how much she looks like Cari. I dont know if I would be willing to try it either-they really should come up with a better name for it!!

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

My little brother loves that stuff...but I can't seem to even touch it. YUCK!

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Hey, can't be as bad as head cheese,can it? I think Marky likes it. I'm not sure though. It sounds like a familiar "loaf." Did I ever mention how much I HATE the word LOAF.

One Scrappy Gal said...

I see Meredith and I share the same sense of adventure!! I'm glad you were able to send your taste buds on a succulent cruise though *gag*.

jen said...

Olive loaf is like my guilty pleasure. When I worked at The Deli, I always loved when I could sneak a slice of that. It's completely unnatural, but so good....