Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Feed the Weeds

So I go out to fill my bird feeder this morning. It had been raining and there was some wet seeds in the bottom tray. I promptly dump the wet seeds and some scrap onto the ground below the feeder.

"What are you doing?" I hear from the porch.
"Feeding the birds."
"You just dumped all the seeds onto my flower bed." she tells me.
I look down at the ground and back at my feeder. "Where else would you like me to dump this?"

Cari is still standing in the doorway, "Dump it in the grass."
"Then I'll get weeds in the grass. I can't do that." I tell her as I start to pour fresh seeds into the feeder.

Now she sounded a bit irritated. "I don't want weeds in my flowerbed. Are you going to go out there and pull the weeds?"

I kind of laughed to myself at that thought. I certainly wasn't going to be pulling any weeds. I also wasn't going to pour this into my lawn.

Just a few moments ago, I told her that I was dumping the wet seeds because it wasn't healthy for the birds. Now, I just caught myself telling her that the birds would eat everything I dump. I needed a better excuse to get out of this.

"I thought you put Preen down to stop the weeds. This won't be a problem.", I told her with confidence.

As she went back inside, she told me that I would not be dumping seeds in her flowers again. The door closed, leaving her with the last word.

What she doesn't know is that when she turned around to go inside I spread a handful of seeds around the entire garden.

The true last word was "Surprise." The only person that heard it was me.

7 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

LMAO...Priceless. This gave me a good chuckle here at work. Thanx!

d e v a n said...

ha! She's going to totally blame you in the spring when weeds pop up. lol

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm telling!! Unless you want to buy my silence! :)

Tammy said...

Thats TERRIBLE!!!!Hehe!! Poor Cari.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

You gave yourself up, man! She reads this!....SHIVER..... I didn't realize you had a nasty little streak! - Wait- We ALL have a nasty little streak. But now you can look forward to all the weed you KNOW she'll make you pull this spring! Heh Heh!

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Hey, Sneaky! I just read that you'll bid 5% higher than me for the video! Trust me... save your money! Its not ALL that! Its really pretty scarry!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHAH
Have a good week!

Duck Hunter said...

thanks for the comments. Cari read this the same time you did. I knew she read it because she came into the kitchen and said, "So you threw the seeds?"

Not sure what will happen in the spring. Hoping she will forget.