Sunday, January 14, 2007

Win the Race

quick link to the PineWood Derby video

I knew that you all would be so excited to see Cari win. Maybe all except RJ.
When I was putting my car on the track, Cari offered me a $100 wager on our race.
"You don't have a hundred to bet.", I told her.

I had excuses. "If I had all day to do nothing but work on my car for a week I may have won."
That didn't go over to well. Cari offered to let me do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, etc...
I retracted my excuse and accepted my loss. At least I didn't get beat by anyone else. There was also some amount of comfort knowing that it was so close. I said, "SOME amount of comfort." No loss in our house is easy. Everything is competition and winning IS important.

You all made Cari very happy today as she read all your supportive comments.


Don't worry about me, my tears will dry. . .eventually

7 comments:

Tammy said...

YAY!!!!For Cari and Randy!!!! Whoopee for you to Ed!!! You were only beat by a girl an itty bitty bit;)!!!!

Speed Seeker said...

Good Job Ed. Your family is one to be reckoned with in these competitions. Congrats to Randy for the major win and I'm sorry you lost. That was VERY close. Still can't rule out sabotage....hehe

Anonymous said...

Congratualations to all of you. You all did a great job. But I do have to say that my nephew is the cutest boy on the video. It was fun to watch that and kinda feel like I was a part of it. Thanks for posting the video.

Michelle said...

D.H.

I got to hear about Kel's hay day of racing from watching the video with him. He LOVED it!! I agree it was pretty fun to watch. Kelly also said that you must be very smart to construct such a fast car. Kudos D.H. and Fam.

One Scrappy Gal said...

Woo hoo Cari!! I knew she would win!! Now she's got bragging rights until the next competition!! :)

Congrats to your son too. Like another poster said... you are all a force to be reckoned with in these competitions.

Tammy said...

It was just really nice to see a woman win in what is typically a Man's Domain! Opening Doors!!!

GoGo said...

Submit this to the Guinness Book of Records. i think you my have something here.

When has an entire family won a pine wood derby competition?