Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Whack!

I went out to take a few pictures today. I headed into Easley and found Town Square. A nice plaza behind downtown that I was previously unaware of. I took a few pictures as I walked around. There was a row of trees that interested me. I don't know what kind of trees they are. These trees have multiple trunks that are very smooth, almost no bark at all. The multiple trunks twist and turn together. After not finding just the right angle to get a picture I decided to check back in the spring. I walked down the sidewalk as I put my camera back in the bag.

WHACK!

Walking with my head down, a tree branch smacked me in the head. Oh, it hurt! My hat fell off and it took a second for me to realize what happened. There were several city workers in the park. I picked up my hat and kept walking like nothing happened. After I walked another hundred yards, I sat down and rubbed my head.

This is one of the pictures I took before I hit my head. The door to the clock tower. I just added a filter to it when I got home. You don't want to see the pictures I took AFTER I hit my head.

Once I got home, Cari said, "Are you ok? You look pale."
"I feel alright, but I did walk into a tree."
She had a smirk on her face, but she didn't laugh out loud. She took off my hat and found a nice bruise forming in the middle of my forehead. This is like something that happens in cartoons. The only difference was I didn't make the comic fall onto my back.

I'm going to go rest my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that you didnt post the picture of your head on here. I hope it dosent leave to big a bruise. I'm sure Cari was was laughing histerically on the inside. It's not every day that her husband comes home and says he walked into a tree. It almost sounds like a joke. You know. Your so Dumb that you walked into a tree. HEHE. Sorry. It is funny.