Monday, February 05, 2007

Crazy Vet

Cari took the cat to the vet today. Here's a conversation she had with the crazy vet.

Vet: It's time we give her a rabbies vaccine.
Cari: No thanks. She never goes outside.
Vet: You never know when a bat is going to fly into your house and bite your cat.
Cari: (a bit shocked) Are you serious?
Vet: (he turned to a computer and started looking it up on the internet to show her proof).
Cari: No, no. I believe you. I just never heard of that.
Vet: Well, no house is bat proof.

Our cat didn't get the shot.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Interesting!!! Maybe the vet went skinny dipping in the nuclear plant lake???

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

RIDICULOUSNESS! That's all I can say about that!

Mojo Jojo said...

Whatever!!!! Anything to make some extra $$$$.

Yes, no house is bat proof but come on, what's the likelyhood for the bat to bite your cat?

jen said...

wow.. what's he smoking.. can I have some?

We have a bat house and have done extensive research on bats because we think they are cool - they are not any more or less likely to have rabies than any other mammal; and when they do they don't just foam at the mouth and hunt for victims!

d e v a n said...

eh? That's weird!

One Scrappy Gal said...

WHAT?!!! You mean I could have a bat HERE?!

That's it! I'm moving again!