Saturday, February 10, 2007

Don't read this. . .yet.

I got a new boss at work. The old one got transferred to a different location. He and I had become friends over the year we worked together. I really wanted to tell him about the blog. My problem was that nobody at work knows about the blog. That's a rule I have tried to keep over the years because I never wanted to worry about what I was writing. If I decide to write something about work, they won't know it. The other factor was that I don't need co-workers knowing this much about me.

So now, the boss is moving on. I sent him an e-mail telling him about the blog. Now that he was moving, what harm would it be if he read it? Also, we have become friends, and I don't mind sharing all my thoughts with him.

A few days after my e-mail, I was talking with him and he mentioned that he had read the blog. He said one of the first things he did was look through to the month that he started working with me last year. He was checking to see if I had written anything, at that time, about the "new boss". I had not.

There are maybe two others at work that I would be willing to tell the blog about, but I think I'll wait until we don't work together anymore.

The new boss? Should I write about him here to give him something to read in the future? Nope.

1 comment:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Smart man. I need to follow your example. Well, I guess that's probably why I have 3 blogs. One for myspace. One blogger, and a Xanga. I have one I keep just for myself.