Friday, September 07, 2007

Rest!

There is a week and a half of my monthly schedule that is really tough. After I survive it, there are a few weeks that get very easy. I have just entered into the easy section of the schedule.

Yesterday, Cari and I headed over to the county museum. Lots of really cool displays in there. A lot about the local Indian tribes that used to live here. A lot about civil war era.

They had two displays about cotton and the textile mills that used to characterize this area. Sometimes I think I work too many hours at work. Yesterday I read that textile mill workers were scheduled to work 67 hours a week! When the plant managers lowered the hours to 64 they felt like they were being generous. Then the promised to lower the hours down to 60 a week. They even employed children to sweep the floors.

I'm going to be entering a few photographs in a juried art show coming up, so today Cari and I are headed out frame shopping.

I hope to get some photos taken later today. If that happens, I'll post a few here.

No comments: