Saturday, September 01, 2007

LOOK AT ME!!

Maybe I got too cocky after defeating the bees. Especially after seeing the results of the poll last week. WOW! Thanks for the votes! 22 votes. 16 votes saying I solved the bee problem, only 2 votes for Cari solving it. (I TOLD YOU, CARI!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!)

Anyway, after a recent rain, the fire ants started coming back to the surface. I got up one morning and spread fire ant poison around their nests. This stuff normally will have a nest empty within a day or two.

It rained the evening I put the poison out, but I didn't think it would hurt its effectiveness. The rain would only serve to wash the chemical into the ground. The next day, Cari and I were walking in the back yard and she mentioned the huge nests of ants.

"We have nothing to worry about. I killed them yesterday.", I told her.
She didn't say anything in reply. For some strange reason I took that to be a challenge of my good work. I took my bare foot and stomped it into the mound of red dirt to prove it was an empty nest.

For the first half second, nothing happened. I looked at Cari with my best "I told you so" face.
She pointed to the ground.
Ants started coming out of the nest at a rapid rate. They didn't like my foot in their nest.

OH! I'M SO STUPID SOMETIMES!

I got the ants off of me immediately, but one was able to sink his jaws into the side of my toe. It'll be itching for a few days. Before coming back inside, I gave the ants an extra hefty dose of poison.

1 comment:

Speed Seeker said...

lol...Oops. We've all done stupid things before.