Thursday, August 30, 2007

Remember When. . .

True story.

I was probably between 8 to 10 years old. I was invited to go with a friend and his parents out to dinner. They took us to Pizza Hut. My friend and I sat next to each other in a booth, with his parents across from us.

Sometime after the pizza arrived, my friend and started playing a game. How much coke can you suck up and hold in your mouth at one time. (Do you see where this is going?) We both had our mouths full. Cheeks puffed out, carbonation up my nose, full. Then something triggered a giggle. The giggle turned into a laugh. Not good with a mouth full of coke. Even worse when my mouth turned into a coke sprinkler and the parents were sitting across from me.

Coke sprayed everywhere. If I remember correctly, my friend aimed most of his back in the cup and managed to contain most of the mess to his own clothes. I wasn't that smart when the game started to go horribly wrong. For some reason I looked straight across the table as I lost it.
We left immediately. We didn't even get to-go boxes. I remember my mom meeting us in the driveway. I don't remember getting in a lot of trouble over this. It was pretty embarrassing, and I never got to go out with that family again.

1 comment:

jen said...

I can't believe you had to leave. I was thinking it was worthy of a slight reprimand but I could see the humor in it... if I didn't I'd stop it because.. really.. like they didn't see that coming? :)

Fun story though.