Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Work commute

This is not what I had planned on writing about tonight. It looks like you will wait one more day to find out the next part of my BEE situation.

Tonight, we were sitting at the dining table when we heard this loud noise outside. It was louder than a train. It sounded like a helicopter. The thing about it was that it sounded like it was going to land on our house and was not moving away. We ran outside to see what was going on. Sure enough, a helicopter was slowly moving over our house, just above the trees. It moved across the street and behind my neighbors house. Then it lowered to the street.

My neighbor, hopped out and the helicopter lifted straight into the air. It flew down the street fast and high then banked sharply as it made a 180. It flew fast over the street and off in the distance.
Most of the neighbors came out to see what was going on. We walked over and talked with the neighbor that had gotten out of the helicopter. He works on helicopters and he said he was taking that one for a test drive after putting an engine in it. They decided to take him home. My other neighbor was relieved to find out the copter was not coming back in the morning to take the mechanic back to work.

4 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

Nice way to travel, that's for sure. Is it even legal for them to do that?

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

First off, I'd like to say that you and Carri are the coolest parents ever! How great is it to get pie in your face for your birthday? That's so fun! I'm doing that with my boys on their birthdays! Thanks for the idea!

About the giant "bee." WOW! Aren't you glad it wasn't a flight for life chopper? Anyway, wouldn't it be so super duper nifty to ride home like that? However, if I were the neighbor, and I had been resting before college, the noise would have ticked me off. Imagine if Carri had the baby and she had just gotten her to sleep. ARgHHH!

Farm Girl in MD said...

that's a pretty sweet ride home!

rakethetable said...

Great neighbor. no pick up service in the morning please.