Sunday, August 19, 2007

BEES!

I hesitate to write this. Every time I write about the bees, I dread the moment when Cari will read it.

Last week when I walked the trash cans to the curb, I looked across the driveway toward the nest of ground bees. I didn't see any flying in or out, so I went to investigate.

I had procrastinated a long time on this issue. Cari says the bees must go and are a problem. I disagreed and put off dealing with it, even against threats of her calling an exterminator.
Standing on the driveway for a few minutes, I couldn't find any bees.

The next morning I told Cari the bees were taken care of. I walked out to get the mail with her. She didn't see any bees either. Cari asked what I did to take care of them. I explained to her that I asked the bees to move away, and they did.

She frowned at me and declared the nest to still be active. We didn't see any as we stood there, but she refused to believe the problem was over. I stepped down into the grass and moved some rocks the kids had thrown near the hive opening. No bees attacked me. I'll admit that I was a bit nervous moving that rock, but I couldn't tell Cari.

A few day passed without issue. Then Cari came in from getting the mail and said I have bees to go deal with. There was about a five minute discussion about how the bees returned. I tried to convince her that the bees had left, and that this was a new colony. I told her I would go have a talk with these new bees and they will leave.

That was about three days ago. Cari has seen bees a few times since then. I still have not gone out to witness this myself. After I write this, I'm going out to talk to the bees. I want them to know the danger they are putting themselves in.

I'm hoping there won't be anything to see when I walk out there.

6 comments:

d e v a n said...

uh oh, sounds like the bees are in trouble..

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

You're so silly! Why don't you just KILL them. Do you simply not want to deal with them, or are you afraid of them, or do you not want to cause some little creatures to die? I don't get it. There really really cheap spray (but you have to spray it right down the hole or it won't work). OR you can spray some lighter fluid down and put a match there. BAM! Doesn't every man love fire?

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

OK. This is the second time today I've noticed horrible spelling errors in my comments. Sorry. I MUST use spell check in the future.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Your side of course..... sort of. They're stinging little buggers. They deserve to have a rock over their hole. That way they don't have to die.

Speed Seeker said...

LMAO...How did the 'talk' go this time? I hope they listened...Otherwise someone/somethings are in trouble...hehe

One Scrappy Gal said...

This is going to end badly. You're going to go out to talk to them... and they'll outfox you. Before long, they'll be living in YOUR house. Bees are like carny folk.