Saturday, August 11, 2007

You think I'm crazy?

Cari got home Thursday night at midnight. She was at an annual consignment sale. This sale is huge. This year it is being held at an old, empty, grocery store. The sale filled the building. Thursday night they allow the volunteers to have first go at the stuff. Cari went with our neighbor, who had been a volunteer.

She came back with a ton of stuff. . . at midnight. They had left around 6:30. Most nights, Cari can't keep her eyes open past ten. The power of shopping kept her going, I suppose. I told Cari I thought she was crazy shopping so late like that.

We got to bed around 12:30am. I was very tired. Within five minutes, Cari said, "Please take your shoes off."

Yeah. I was in bed, under the covers, dressed with shoes on. A little crazy maybe. The crazy part was I was so tired I didn't realize my shoes were still on.

I promptly took them off and fell asleep. Cari let me know that I can't say anything about her shopping late after that.

3 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

Shopping at midnight sounds like fun!! Hope she got a lot of goodies and saved a bunch of cash!! :)

Speed Seeker said...

Sounds like a comphy pair of shoes. At least you made it to the bed...hehe

rakethetable said...

Wow. I rarely wear shoes in the house. But to bed??????

I would guess you had dresssed and were heading out the door to look for your wife if she hadn't come home when she did.