Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Notes from a 6 year old


This illustration shows Meredith's brother and his friend knocking her tooth in, causing her to swallow it. Notice the smile on her brothers face as he punches her face. Realize that the three of them were playing together when this happened. She bent down to pick up something and the boys reached to take it from her. I don't feel holding her down and punching her face was what really happened. Maybe she was trying to get sympathy money from the tooth fairy.
The PLEASE is her hope that she will still get money without any tooth under the pillow. She drew this to explain her situation.

She was really excited to get a dollar for her note. Last night, she wanted to write a thank you note. This morning at breakfast, Cari asked her if the tooth fairy took the thank you note.
"Yeah, she took the note, but she didn't leave me any more money."

5 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

$1?!! That's it?!!

I guess I shouldn't say anything... my parents used to tie tie thread around my tooth and attach the other end to the door... then slam that door.

They deny it now... but my brother and I remember very well!! Pair of sadists...

ray of hope said...

What a great picture! I was so happy you included the explanation of what she was trying to describe with her drawing. Whenever I can, I try and write down my students descriptions next to cute pictures that they draw in class, so their parents can enjoy them. The details that are in there head show up in funny ways in the picture.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Merideth has been getting mucho blogg space. She is such a doll, and her life a terrific read. But what really does happen if you swallow a tooth? Is it of concern at all.

Michelle

d e v a n said...

heehee. Too cute.

Black Sheeped said...

When I was around her age a friend (or my brother, it's unclear) threw a rock and accidentally hit me in the face, chipping three of my teeth (adult teeth) badly. Our babysitter panicked as I had, you know, blood gushing everywhere, and ran me inside and made me hold stand in the bathtub while she figured out what to do. I don't remember much after that, but obviously I thought I was going to die. Teeth injuries are WEIRD, and I would totally freak out if I swallowed a tooth.

It's pretty hilarious, the dramatic visual retelling where she is being held down while the menacing bad guy grins (leers) at her. Good stuff.