Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Protecting Your Investment

Cari told me to go get a vasectomy. I thought about it for about half a second before answering. Now that we will have three children, we decided we've had enough. After she asked me to go get fixed, I started thinking about having four children. If it means getting cut, maybe I can handle more kids.

"No.", I answered.

Most of my answer was related to the fear of being cut. I don't need to go to the doctor and have them messing with me. Especially there.

As our discussion continued, and she tried to pressure me into agreeing, she presented another reason for me to have it done. This is her logic.
"You don't want to do it, because you want a younger wife!"

WHAT?
She explained that in the future, I'll leave her as I search for a younger wife. If I was fixed, I would be less attractive to a young woman wanting kids.

I had never heard this before. Cari obviously heard of it and was certain that this was an argument for having it done. She cited two recent examples as evidence in her case to send me to the doctor.

She said she was at the neighbors house yesterday with three other women talking, and one of the women told this story about her friend.

The friend started dating a guy, and they were really getting close. A serious relationship had been formed. That's when she found out he was fixed. She stopped talking to him. He is useless to her future, so she left him.

Evidence number two:

Cari took the kids to the dentist. The young girl that cleans the teeth prior to the dentist coming in said that she had a new baby sister. This girl is in her late twenties. How did she get a new sister? You guessed it, her dad remarried a younger girl and they had a baby. Good thing he never got fixed or he wouldn't have gotten that younger girl.

Let's be clear. I have NO intention of finding another wife at ANY time, younger or older. This has no bearing on my decision to not have a vasectomy. My decision is based on a doctor taking a scalpel at my privates!

I'm just protecting my investment. Cari says she is as well.

4 comments:

rakethetable said...

It's quite simple and you get all the frozen pea's you can stand to hold there for a couple of days.


errr, at least that's what I am told.....

d e v a n said...

I'm on your wife's sid on this one. I've never heard the younger woman argument, but since she has to go through labor and delivery - which is ALOT worse than a v - you should at least consider it. I hear it's not that bad, but what do I know...

Melba said...

Personally I've always wanted four kids! My story is a little different though...I've been "messed with" A LOT "down there" in a lengthy and antagonizing yet completely unproductive attempt to have ANY children. I have to say I am TOTALLY with you on wanting that part of your body to be medically left alone!!

Tammy said...

I know someone that wants a V done and his GF wants a kid. Make sure when you do make the decision it is right for both of you and your future together