Monday, August 27, 2007

You Won't Die

She said, "I hope I don't die."
We didn't get that out of her until after she calmed down. At first it was a frantic crying of, "I'm going to die."

This all came about when the kids were rough housing around. Meredith bent down to pick something up and got knocked by Randy. Her loose tooth fell out of its place and slid down her throat.

Then she came running, blood pouring out of her mouth with screams that she was going to die. This was not the most calming scene in our house tonight.

She swallowed a tooth, and we reassured her that she would not die. As Cari nursed Meredith's wound, Meredith's new concern became the tooth fairy. Meredith made a note for the tooth fairy. I'll try to get it scanned in tomorrow. It is a picture of what happened. To explain why the tooth is not under the pillow. Meredith suggested sleeping with a smile so the tooth fairy would see the empty spot.

As she went to bed tonight, she said, "I hope I don't die tonight." What was funny was that she wasn't crying. She wasn't upset. She just said it very plainly.
At the same time, Cari and I replied, "You won't die!"

3 comments:

ray of hope said...

I can't wait to see the picture letter that she wrote. Those are always so entertaining. I liked her idea of sleeping with grin...very cute. Glad that she is ok and "did not die".

d e v a n said...

That's an adorable pic of her, and it's too funny that she thought she might die from that. lol

Anonymous said...

She is the cutest 6 year old in the entire world. No joke!