Monday, August 20, 2007

Pickens

Welcome to the city of Pickens. They put up these pretty banners along main street.

After seeing these pretty banners, what conclusions do you make about Pickens?
When I see this, I think the city of Pickens rests on a lake. A nice boating community.

But this is not the case. Pickens sits near the mountains. Not on the coast of some great lake. There may be a small farmer pond near town, but no river. I've never seen a sailboat in it, just cows trying to keep cool.

Someone was daydreaming in city hall when these were approved.

2 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

We're right on Lake Michigan. We should have banners that say "Welcome to Zion" - complete with pictures of Mountains!

Anonymous said...

How strange?!? Must have been someones cousins or wife who designed it. Like these crazy lawn statues that I kept running by at our old house. I'll try to send you the link about it later. You just have to believe some exentric rich aunt made them and comes by their place often.
Michelle