Wednesday, August 01, 2007

BEES! SAVE YOURSELF!

It's been a busy week and I haven't had time to post.

I did manage to get my grass cut and see the Simpsons movie a second time. When is the last time I saw a movie twice at the theater? Um. . . never. Cari and Meredith haven't seen the movie yet, so last night we all four went and saw it.

Cari has been complaining that we have some bees at the end of the driveway. She said they have a nest in the ground. She said they don't seem to bother anyone, but if the kids were playing around the area they may get stung. I was at work when she was telling me about this. She said she sprayed a can of hornet/wasp spray on them, but it didn't seem effective. A WHOLE CAN. I was told to buy more spray before coming home from work. I complained about wasting $3.00 on a can of spray and declared I would take care of the bees. This coming from a guy who spent $60 on the Simpsons movie this week. I came home without any additional spray.

My solution to the bees? Tell the kids to stay away from them. They don't seem to be yellow jackets, just some type of bee. I'm not sure, because I haven't actually gone near the nest area to investigate. Cari didn't seem to thrilled with my solution. In fact, she let me know that my solution wasn't acceptable.

Maybe tomorrow I'll take care of it. Maybe.

4 comments:

jen said...

use fire! :)

Anonymous said...

My husband would know what they were. He works for a pest control company. Remember when the kids (all 11 of them), my friend, and I all got attacked by bees in the forest? Well, those were the kind in the ground. Keep away from those nasty little buggers! They can sting more than once (unlike honey bees). When we were camping this past weekend, Mark and John burned out a nest like that. I think they sprayed lighter fluid in it an lit it. I don't think that was a good idea!
~AB

Speed Seeker said...

So did Cari & Meredith enjoy the movie?

Depending how far away the nest is from the house, I would try reaching it with a a good soaking from the hose. Sure it might piss them off, but you don't have to get to close with the fire...Unless you make a trail of fuel to the door...lol

However you deal with the pesky bees (Well...IF you do), try to have Cari video tape it...hehe

rakethetable said...

Fire! I second that motion. Kill'em!