Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Circle M

Heading out on a date with my wife we decided to try something a little different for dinner.

The first restaurant we headed to had a giant sign in the window.  "Closed for Remodeling"
Next we tried a place Cari called "Ned's Steakhouse".  I knew what she was talking about and headed that direction.  When we arrived we learned that it is actually Jed's Smokehouse.  No matter what the name is because they closed the business.  Time to find another option.

Heading back down the road I remembered seeing a new sign over at the Circle M bbq building and we decided to check it out.  After years of driving past this place it will have be our first visit to this place that's only open on weekends.

When you go in you place your order at a window, get your BBQ, and find a table.  Everything looked really good.   I was having a pork sandwich.

I noticed just one bottle of bbq sauce on the table and it was labeled with their own label.  I figured this was a special sauce and the one to use.

After shaking the contents in the bottle I poured a good amount of it on my pork sandwich.

I looked up at Cari as I poured and said, "I should have tasted this sauce before covering my sandwich in it."  She smiled in agreement and I stopped adding the sauce.

After my first bite I looked to my mostly empty cup of tea.  My face must have been conveying the message because Cari asked if it was spicy hot.  I nodded vigorously.  This was spicy.  I don't really prefer "hot" or spicy food, but that's what I had transformed my sandwich into.

I looked at the bottle and told Cari that I didn't realize it was hot.  She said, "Well there is fire on the bottle".
She continued, "It also smells a little like hot sauce and looks like it."

I continued to eat my dinner, which was delicious, and every bite of my sandwich resulted in additional laughter from my date.

This is a place we will likely visit again but next time I won't use as much of the Circle M BBQ sauce.

No comments: