Monday, April 15, 2013

Crossfit competition!

My sister-in-law Amanda has been working out at Crossfit.  I don't know a lot about Crossfit but my impression is that it is a gym without the standard gym equipment.  You won't find treadmills or weight benches in there.  Instead you will find giant tractor tires and cement balls.
This past Saturday Amanda competed in a competition at Crossfit and we went to cheer her on.
There was tire flipping, cement ball picking up, carrying weight on your shoulders, and barbell lifting.  My terms - not theirs.





It was a great event and fun to watch everyone push themselves to do better than they had ever done before.     It was great to see Amanda in action.  She's definitely setting it up where her boyfriend will need to fear her.


1 comment:

Laura A said...

I have a good friend who is completely addicted to Crossfit! (and she's 6 months pregnant and still doing it!) It just doesn't look appealing to me personally, but I imagine is fun to watch!