Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Installed iTunes

I emailed the person that takes care of communications at work and asked what I had to do to get an upgrade from the BlackBerry I have been using.   The answer was that I could get an iPhone 4 for free, which sounded great, but then the same email said that if I choose that method I would need to setup an Apple ID through iTunes.  

Oh, iTunes is something that just sounds horrible to me but I went ahead and did it because I know the iPhone would be a great device to use at work.

I installed iTunes on my computer and began to setup my Apple ID.  Another opportunity to invent some crazy password.  This password thing is starting to get really crazy.

Anyway, I came up with something that no human will ever be able to remember following all the rules that Apple says my password had to have:


  • 8 characters - CHECK
  • a number - CHECK
  • an uppercase letter - CHECK
  • a lowercase letter - CHECK
  • no spaces - CHECK
  • no character 3 times in a row - CHECK
  • can't be my Apple ID - CHECK
  • can't be a password used in the last year - CHECK

I click to submit my account and I get this error.
In red, the box says my password is not valid and that a more complex password is required.  SERIOUSLY?  

Apple is not starting this relationship off on the right foot.  

2 comments:

Tom said...

I like my iPhone, and I'm OK with iTunes (although not so much with the latest version.) What I don't like is the interaction between the two. What Apple tried to make simple wound up being overly complex.

Laura A said...

I am a big fan of my iphone, mainly for it's photography abilities, but choosing a password is certainly a pain in the neck.